To be successful at losing weight or getting fit you must work from the inside out. Self Love and positive attitude are truly the only way you will be able to make lasting changes to your body. I have used affirmations often to assist me on my journey to becoming the best version of myself and so can YOU!
When I was training hard for a photoshoot to apply for fitness modeling jobs I was facing LOTS of self-doubts. There are probably thousands of girls out there trying to be fitness models and I could hear myself say, “Why Me?” Then one day I decided to change that to Why NOT Me! Lots of athletes have done it-why couldn’t I!? I still say this to myself often to keep this dream alive!
During a particularly low point for me last year I used affirmations to rebuild my self-love. The tank was running low and when I looked in the mirror all I could see were my “imperfections”. I was placing my self-worth on my outward appearance, instead of in my heart and soul like I should have been. The affirmation I used to change my mindset was-
I am not this body,
I am not this skin,
I am the beautiful shining soul that lay within.
Each time I read this I would just smile and bring my hand to my heart. I actually wrote it on my closet mirror in a dry erase marker so each morning when I got dressed I was forced to read it!
Here are the building blocks of a good affirmation:
- Make it a positive statement, not about what you don’t want. For example-I am eating healthy every day. NOT I’m not eating unhealthy food anymore.
- Affirmations should be in the present tense not the future. I AM Healthy and happy, NOT I am going to be happy and healthy.
- It should be short and to the point, something you can eventually memorize.
- Write it down somewhere you’ll see it all the time. The more you see it, the better.
* I am healthy and happy
* I am healthy, strong and filled with energy and vitality
* My body burns fat like a furnace
* I protect and serve my body by always making caring choices
* I think healthy thoughts. Every day, in every way I am fulfilling my life’s purpose
* I love myself right now, just the way I am
The best part is you can apply these affirmations RIGHT NOW to start making positive changes. How AWESOME is that!!